title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Are total tracks and total discs tag not supported by dBpoweramp?

Are total tracks and total discs tag not supported by dBpoweramp?

Hi everyone! First of all I have to apologize if this is a really stupid question, but I come from Exact Audio Copy and I have just switched to dBpoweramp ripper a few days ago and I am used to having total disc number and total track number as tags on all CD rips.

I've gone through the menus in dBpoweramp ripper looking for related settings, but I can't find anything. There is nothing in the tags menu, no "total tracks", "total discs" that I could turn on or off. I do almost everything in foobar2000. Maybe dbPoweramp ripper is writing something and foobar2000 cannot read it? Or is there really no way to get those tags written?

I have looked on this forum and I used google. People talk about total tracks tag and total discs tag, just how do I get dBpoweramp ripper to actually write those tags?

I appreciate any comments on this!
    Last edited by MrSoul4470; 01-17-2019 at 06:13 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Are total tracks and total discs tag not supported by dBpoweramp?

dBpa writes disctotal and tracktotal.

Dat Ei

Thanks for your reply. Are you sure? Are they written by default? I can't find disctotal or tracktotal tags in my rips. I looked for them using MP3tag, Foobar2000 and even opened the file in an editor. Everything else is there, but not those tags. This really confuses me.

Administrator

It depends on which audio format you write to. Sometimes disc total is written with the track tag, such as:

2/3

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrSoul4470 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Are you sure? Are they written by default? I can't find disctotal or tracktotal tags in my rips. I looked for them using MP3tag, Foobar2000 and even opened the file in an editor. Everything else is there, but not those tags. This really confuses me.
    Have you ticked the boxes in CD Ripper settings to use those tag fields. See this picture:

Capture.JPG

Okay. That's it. Now it works! I had all 5 upper boxes ticket. I tried now like in that picture and it works. Seems I misunderstand what those boxes do.

Thanks to everyone trying to help!
    Last edited by MrSoul4470; 01-17-2019 at 10:38 AM.