title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Arrange Audio OSX (+feature request)

Arrange Audio OSX (+feature request)

Hi,

Seem to remember reading that the arrange audio utility codec had finally been introduced in the OSX version of Music Converter. Can't seem to find it though. Is it included in the 16.6 beta? I use this codec frequently on Windows and have really missed it in the Mac version.

Also, while I'm at it, it would be nice with an arrange audio utility codec with the option to keep the original files and only copy the files to another location. Would also be nice if it would be able to move more things than only the music files and album art and work more like the folderjpg.preserve dsp. I'm aware all this can be done by simply converting the files but it seems like an unnecessary step when all I want to do is copy and arrange the audio based on the id tags and at the same time preserve the files at the original location.

Thanks for a great product!
    Last edited by Veovis; 01-15-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Re: Arrange Audio OSX (+feature request)

I made a reply but I think it was caught in a spam filter due to a link to the dbpoweramp.com website. Anyway according to the help, you need to enable Utility Codecs first. Did you do that?

Utility Codecs do not compress or read audio, but rather perform useful action. Firstly they have to be enabled so that they appear in dBpoweramp, from dBpoweramp Control Centre select >> Configure then choose Converter tag and check Enable Utility Codecs.
    <snipped>
    [Arrange Audio]

Arrange Audio is a utility codec that arranges audio tracks, these files are renamed or moved using information from the ID Tags. Your whole audio collection can be arranged into a uniform file and folder names.

Thanks. Does this really apply for the OSX version? Couldn't find the "enable utility codecs" anywhere when searching for it yesterday (at work now) but maybe I dind't look carefully enough. With the Windows version you have to download tha utility codecs you want and install them, but I was under the impression only some of them work in the OSX version and that all that do is included in the basic package.

This is from the DMC Help for OS X so I guess it should apply. As I don't use OS X I can't be much more help. BTW, the release notes for the OS X version suggest the Arrange Audio feature was implement from the first R16.

Quote Originally Posted by Nil Einne View Post
    This is from the DMC Help for OS X so I guess it should apply. As I don't use OS X I can't be much more help. BTW, the release notes for the OS X version suggest the Arrange Audio feature was implement from the first R16.
    Thanks! I'll try again to find it when I get home. A bit strange that the utility codecs included in the package are not "enabled" by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Nil Einne View Post
    Ok, found the box that needed to be ticked in order to enable utility codecs. In a Place I had already looked and not really where I would expect it to be. And again, why not have them enabled by default when they are all included in the basic program anyway?

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!