title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Received an AR message but still Secure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Received an AR message but still Secure

As the AR confidence was only 1 it could be the other person who had the ripping error, you would not completely know until a 3rd person rips that cd and submits.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Re: Received an AR message but still Secure

Originally posted by Talshiar
      I had previously used WMP to rip my CD's to wav (i got a new car stereo and wanted all my music without the hassle of physical disks).
      to the credit of the person above, what i found was skips that WMP did not detect or otherwise report.
      so i got DBPowerAmp and re-ripped everything, and a quarter my disks seemed to be corrupt in some fashion or another. DBPowerAmp let me know, so already its WAY better than WMP for ripping imho.

One thing stumped me though. one of my favorite disks couldn't rip the last song, i also got the "X AR (1) i Secure".
      i wanted a flawless copy. so i bought the disk again. same error/same track on 2 different physical disks! why?
      idk if we are allowed to put disk information in this forum, so certain information has been replaced with generic info.

Information ripping to Wave, 'Track 16' to 'E:\path\name.wav'
      Track 16: Ripped LBA 322282 to 342557 (4:30) in 4:21. Filename: path\name.wav
      AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 1) Secure (Warning) [Pass 1 & 2, Re-Rip 30 Frames]
      CRC32: EBEC78E4 AccurateRip CRC: F9F9CC6F (CRCv2) [DiscID: xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx-xx]

because you got a secure outcome but not a match, but there is only one other rip in the AR database, you likely have a bitperfect rip. Since you have both CDs, rip them both an compare the CRCs of that track from both rips. I suspect they are identical, and thus you have very strong evidence of a bitperfect rip. Not everything is in AR, and obviously this CD is either brand new or not a popular disk given the AR of 1.

edit: also keep in mind that even new CDs can have manufacturing defects that are not visible.
      Last edited by garym; 07-24-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>