title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to load previous DSP config settings on new computer?

How to load previous DSP config settings on new computer?

My radio station has a site license to use dBpoweramp. I receive a CD from a content supplier every four months. I set up a configuration where DBP extracts every other track on the CD, converts them to one-channel mono .wav, normalizes them to an exact reading of -6dB, and trims off an exact period of silence before the audio starts, then fades out gently as it reaches 2:00. This tool a *long* time to get right. The config settings are in a file here on the desktop of my new computer. After having installed our purchased version of the program, I cannot find any way to import the DSP file. I can't find any way to read what's in the DSP file so I could re-enter the settings manually and create a new profile. How do I get my settings back?

Thank you in advance.

Administrator

Re: How to load previous DSP config settings on new computer?

The active dsp effects are saved into the registry, however you can right click on DSP effect list on the old machine >> Save, then right click Load.

I'll bet that would work dandy if the IT department hadn't already formatted my old drive and repurposed it. How about this idea: this is the contents of the DSP profile from Wordpad.

-dspeffect1="Volume Normalize= -mode={qt}peak{qt} -maxamp={qt}1{qt} -desiredb={qt}-6.7{qt} -adapt_wnd={qt}6000{qt} -fixed={qt}0{qt}" -dspeffect2="Trim=-lengthms={qt}30{qt}" -dspeffect3="Maximum Length=-lengthms={qt}119900{qt} -lengthpc={qt}100{qt}" -dspeffect4="Fade=-inlengthms={qt}6000{qt} -outlengthms={qt}2000{qt} -nofadein"

I worked out that Effect *1 is Volume Normalize, peak-to-peak, max amplification 1, normalize to -6.7 dB. Is there any chance you could please help me figure out what the other ones are? Then I'll create that profile and save it, and we'll be good as new. Thanks!

Administrator

Looks like you trim 30 seconds ?from beginning?
    Have a maximum length of 119900 ms
    Fade out 2 seconds