title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Custom Art File and Custom Tag only works sometimes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Custom Art File and Custom Tag only works sometimes.

In CD Ripper options I have set a custom file for album art (AlbumArt.jpg) and added a custom Tag "Ripped By:" with my name as the value.

Sometimes these work correctly, where the album art file is saved as AlbumArt.jpg, and my custom tag appears in the file tags. Other times, the art is saved as the default Folder.jpg and my custom tag is not written to the files.

I'm not sure, but I think it only works the first time I save the settings. If I go back into the settings, my changes are still there, and I hit OK. The next rip it works fine. But then subsequent rips revert to Folder.jpg and my custom tag is not written.

Can you check this out?

Administrator

Re: Custom Art File and Custom Tag only works sometimes.

Close the program, then look at the settings, they have reverted back to folder.jpg?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi, Spoon. No, they do not revert. I used it last night. Just now I opened the program ad checked the settings, and it is still there. I will test this after I eat my dinner.

Annotation 2019-01-07 184223.jpg

Annotation 2019-01-07 184323.jpg
    Last edited by chippe01; 01-07-2019 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Formatting

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Again. I tested a few different scenarios Ripped, restarted, shut the pc and re-ran the software, changed some of the CD data, but through all that, the dozen or so CD's I ripped correctly named the AlbumArt.jpg and contained my "Ripped By" tag. I did several more tonight and those are all correct.

So I don't know what would have happened with those few CD's I ripped that didn't conform to the settings. I'll keep an eye out if I see this happen again, and I will report back if I do.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi. This Issue has cropped up again. I have been ripping all day without issue. I am now ripping a 10 CD Time-Life set, And Discs 1 through 8 have my custom tags. I noticed Disc 9 does not have the custom tags. I shut down CD Ripper and ran it again, and ripped Disc 10, and Disc 10 does not have the custom tags either.

As I said, I have been ripping all day, in fact for the past few weeks and my custom tags have been working fine. I did not make any changes between discs 8 and 9 of the set I just ripped.

Why is this happening?

Administrator

Perhaps these discs were inserted before you setup custom tags and CD ripper has cached the tags?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

No, these were new discs, a bunch of Box sets I just purchased.

I put my question here because it might help solve chippe's problem. I found out that my customs tag, an alphanumeric ID-string which I complete differently for each disk, is displayed only when tags are seeded the very first time. When and if I change the tag source, quite often with operas, where the titles of arias and recitativos are not in the software's deafault choice of source, my custom tag dissapears from the list in the tag window. Spoon, is this behavior a feature or rather a bug? It definitely is a nuisance, because I have to clean up things in MP3Tag afterwards.

Administrator

It is perhaps an unexpected path through the program, I will look at fixing.