title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do with files after ripping?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: What to do with files after ripping?

[[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title][]

How do I get rid of the [Modest Mussorgsky Folder. All I need is the Pictures at the Exhibition Folder.

ThanksAttachment 2293

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GVCCbob View Post
    It still produced an extra folder.

Attachment 2292

Also where are the advanced setting for bit rate, 96kHz, etc in the app?
    paste in your naming string. You have a stray character somewhere. Actually. I see one issue. remove the [] at the end. It should be:

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title]

but is "Modest M..." the artist? if so, it should be a folder. but there is a stray [ at the beginning that shouldn't be there. maybe something odd in your string.

What is your question about 96 (as in 24/96 or 24/192 hi-res files). CDs are 16/44.1, not hires. Ripping CDs produce only 16/44.1 files. You can convert these to 24/96, but there is no reason. That doesn't turn them in to hires files. It just adds a bunch of zeros and makes the files way larger.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Same Results

Attachment 2294

Still produced nested Folder.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title]

dBpoweramp Guru

Same Results

Attachment 2294

Solved the stray [ problem. Nested is
    correct if modest Musdorki is the artist. Is it. Or do you not want artist folders just album folders.

dBpoweramp Guru

Same Results

Attachment 2294

If you want to remove the Modest Mussorgsky folder, remove the references to artist/album artist from the beginning of your Naming string.

So your Naming would now be:
    [album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The app is working perfectly. You are right, folders for artist, and for album title, perfect.

Thanks so much for your support.

Hopefully, I will figure out how to use naming. It is a powerful tool.

I did try it a few times, and got errors ripping did not complete.

Thank you,

dBpoweramp Guru

The app is working perfectly. You are right, folders for artist, and for album title, perfect.
    But earlier I thought you didn't want the artist folder. I'm confused as to how you really want your music files organized. dbpa can do it any way you want automatically. experiment a bit to get what you want nailed down. Then it is just a matter of ripping. I haven't changed my naming string in years because it does exactly what I want it to do for all types of my CDs. (I don't have much classical, and classical is sometimes the most confusing with folks wanting to organize by composer, work, etc.). Good luck.

Sorry, using this thread for my ripping too.

Ripped the files, selected the final destination. How do I activate the files transfer to that destination?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by carlmart View Post
    Ripped the files, selected the final destination. How do I activate the files transfer to that destination?
    You set the final destination, in CD Ripper using Path and Naming, before ripping. When you click the Rip button the files are saved to the final destination.

Please can you post the strings you have set in Path and Naming?