title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with files after ripping?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: What to do with files after ripping?

dBpoweramp Guru

hmmm, that's a completely different file from the one you posted earlier (that had London Symphony Orchestra). But this is what I wanted (the tags). But also now do a screen shot of the file/folder listing related to these same files (like the one you did earlier, but with the column wide enough to show everything).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Attachment 2289

The expanded files in folder!

dBpoweramp Guru

OK. see that now. Do you consider both the albums to be compilations versus albums by a particular set of artists. seems like they are NOT compilations to me. And in one case, it is working properly, the 2nd set of files (not night on bald mountain) look right (assuming you want this to be a compilation). There is a compilation folder, follwed by the album name folder, and that contains all the tracks that have the track number, track title, and track artist. So this is right (not all the files in one single folder, there is a compilations folder containing an ALBUM folder, that then contains the tracks.).

Also, what is your parent (top level) music folder where all this stuff will go. Do you have it entered as shown in the following picture. What I've outlined in red is your "top" folder where all the artist/album folders will be underneath. If not, click the set button there and browse to or enter the correct parent folder location.
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by garym; 01-09-2019 at 06:29 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Something went wrong with "night on bald mountain" CD, as the first name of the subdirectory is "[Compilations" (that "[" shouldn't be there. But the other CD looks correct assuming it is a Compilation (which is something I only do for CDs that have different artists on at least a few tracks).

It looks like your file organization is:

c:\CD Music Library\Compilations\Rodgio, J. ....(rest of album name)\01 - name of first track

so you have a parent directory (CD MUSIC LIBRARY), a COMPILATIONS subfolder, and then a subfolder for the Album name (Rodrigo, J. ....) that contains all the album tracks, properly named.

dBpoweramp Guru

Wait a minute! I may be reading your screen shot wrong and I'm not seeing separate folders. Are you using a Mac version of the software? If so, go back to the naming string you've used and replace and backslash with a forward slash ("/") and save and then rip again. I think (but can't test) that folder separators are different for Mac operating sytems.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I am on a Mac, not a PC. I have no sub folders in the CD Music Library folder, it looks like just what I sent you. The Album track are all properly named as individual folders. There are no Album Folders. So I had thought that when the CD was ripped those tracks would be placed in an album folder inside the music folder. I will fix the syntax error to see what that does.

I do not want to start the process of ripping all these CD's if I can not get them organized.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

see my message just a minute ago. On a Mac I think you need the following naming string instead:

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title][][]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is this the name string you want me to use.

[[IFCOMP]Compilations/[album] [IFMULTI] /Disc [disc][]/[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI] /Disc [disc][]/[track]-[title][]

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GVCCbob View Post
    Is this the name string you want me to use.

[[IFCOMP]Compilations/[album] [IFMULTI] /Disc [disc][]/[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI] /Disc [disc][]/[track]-[title][]
    No. Use:

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title][][]
    Last edited by garym; 01-09-2019 at 06:55 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

or if you are not worried about total file length, use

[IFCOMP]Compilations/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title][]

(almost what you had, but you had a stray "[" at the beginning.)
    Last edited by garym; 01-09-2019 at 06:58 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I made the changes and I am ripping again. I will let you know the results in a few minutes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

You are a master!!! This is really complicated stuff this naming. Anyway here is the directory it produced.Attachment 2291

If I did not want the Compilations Folder and just the Album Folder what would I remove.

Why is there a Compilations Folder anyway?

Thanks for your support. I will be buying the App and start ripping all my CD's.

I still don't understand how this naming programming syntax works.

Happy New Year!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GVCCbob View Post
    You are a master!!! This is really complicated stuff this naming. Anyway here is the directory it produced.Attachment 2291

If I did not want the Compilations Folder and just the Album Folder what would I remove.

Why is there a Compilations Folder anyway?

Thanks for your support. I will be buying the App and start ripping all my CD's.

I still don't understand how this naming programming syntax works.

Happy New Year!
    Something still wrong though (extra compilations). Since you don't care about compilations, paste in the following then show me what you get.

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]/[album][IFMULTI]/Disc [disc][]/[track] - [title][]

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It still produced an extra folder.

Attachment 2292

Also where are the advanced setting for bit rate, 96kHz, etc in the app?