title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Mass delete inaccurate dubs?

Mass delete inaccurate dubs?

Hi folks,

is there a way to mass delete the inaccurate ones from a big amount of dubs?

There are some 2020 dubs on my hard disk. There are also about 152 inaccurate albums that contain some inaccurate music files. They've been all ripped with iTunes to Apple Lossless .m4a files. Of course I'd be able to delete the rotten files manually but this might end up in a one week's work or so.

I'd be grateful if anybody could give me a helpful hint.
    Thanks in advance.

Derek

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Mass delete inaccurate dubs?

what do you mean by "dubs"? Do you mean bad digital music files (tracks)?

Sorry, garym.
    I presume I made a spelling mistake. :D I mean dups.

Actually, I mean music files that Perfect Tunes/De-Dup discovered as certain matches.
    These are in thhere exactly 2019 duplicates:

Screenshot 2019-01-12 19.35.13.jpg

And Perfect Tunes/Accurate Rip found now 189 albums that contain inaccurate rips:

Screenshot 2019-01-12 19.40.43.jpg

Btw:
    The cut lines on the right hand side - is this a bug? I can't adjust this correctly, no matter how wide is the results window.
    I use the recent version of Perfect Tunes (2.2) for Mac OS X and Safari as browser.
    Last edited by siriussurfer; 01-12-2019 at 02:18 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

You can mass delete the duplications, but not sure if it is possible to mass delete inaccurate files. Spoon or someone who knows would have to answer. Not sure about the "cut lines". I'm not seeing anything on the picture. Do you mean that you can't resize the window large enough on the right side?.

Hi garym,
    thanks a lot for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I'm not seeing anything on the picture. Do you mean that you can't resize the window large enough on the right side?.
    What do you mean by not seeing anything? Can't you see the picture (screenshot) at all?

The text lines at the right hand side are cut, not even wrapped, just cut, no matter how wide the page is adjusted.

But that's not my main concern with Perfect Tunes. My main matter is the possibility of mass deleting duplicated tracks that are inaccurate (or not). This what it's about: Perfect Tunes (i.e. Accurate Rip) recognizes inaccurate tracks and De-Dup deletes the inaccurate double tracks preferably.

But back to what you said about the picture. I wanted to insert the screenshot of the window I was talking about into the post but did not find an opportunity for that in the settings. Do you know how to manage this?

Thanks again.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by siriussurfer View Post
    Hi garym,
    thanks a lot for your answer.

What do you mean by not seeing anything? Can't you see the picture (screenshot) at all?

The text lines at the right hand side are cut, not even wrapped, just cut, no matter how wide the page is adjusted.

But that's not my main concern with Perfect Tunes. My main matter is the possibility of mass deleting duplicated tracks that are inaccurate (or not). This what it's about: Perfect Tunes (i.e. Accurate Rip) recognizes inaccurate tracks and De-Dup deletes the inaccurate double tracks preferably.

But back to what you said about the picture. I wanted to insert the screenshot of the window I was talking about into the post but did not find an opportunity for that in the settings. Do you know how to manage this?

Thanks again.
    Aha. I see what you are talking about now. The text runs off the right side of screen. On my machine (windows) the same results screen if as wide as my laptop screen and has plenty of room to display everything on the right side with several inches to spare.

Regarding mass delete, perfecttunes will do that for you with duplicates. It's a button at the top of the page containing the listing of duplicates. It's mass delete of inaccurate or error files that I'm not sure about.