title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: downsizing album art

downsizing album art

I had used Album Art in perfecttunes to update the album art on a bunch of MP3s, I didn't realize however that my car's radio can only handle 400X400 images. Is there a way to downgrade the art from 1000X1000 to 400X400? I have a lot of tunes to redo

Administrator

Re: downsizing album art

You would need 'dBpoweramp Reference' with the 'ID Tag Update' codec, which can resize the art without reencoding the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would need 'dBpoweramp Reference' with the 'ID Tag Update' codec, which can resize the art without reencoding the files.
    Yes that will allow me to change the size but I have over 20,000 files to go through. I can see how to do individual files or complete albums, but I want the converter to go through and resize any that are over 400X400 down to that size. The Album Art program can add missing covers and you can set the max size for albums that don't have artwork. BUT for albums that already have art work there is no Fix all button like there is for albums without artwork.

Administrator

Use Batch Converter (part of dBpoweramp), select your whole library folder >> Convert, set encoder as [ID Tag Update] and set the 'Maximum Pixel Size' on the manipulation tab to 400.

Note I would keep a copy of the originals somewhere as the higher resolution art is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Use Batch Converter (part of dBpoweramp), select your whole library folder >> Convert, set encoder as [ID Tag Update] and set the 'Maximum Pixel Size' on the manipulation tab to 400.

Note I would keep a copy of the originals somewhere as the higher resolution art is lost.
    Thanks for the help. It took a while but I found the section you were mentioning. It is converting as I type

Hi,

I finally found where to enter the commands to resize.

Is there a way to do this, without re-encoding the file? Just resizing the embedded album art?

The only way i can find at the moment is to choose one of the encoders, then add the dsp settings for resizing album art.

'test' is just that, it doesn't write anything.

Is there a flag or setting to just accomplish the album art resizing?

thank

you

dBpoweramp Guru

You can use the additional "ID Tag Update" from dBpa Codec Central to resize your album arts and choose this one as the converter.

Dat Ei

Hi

Just got dbpoweramp - not familiar with codec central - what / where is this?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey,

this is just the download area of dBpoweramp.

@Spoon: At the moment there is no link to the download area in the top menubar.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey,

this is just the download area of dBpoweramp.

@Spoon: At the moment there is no link to the download area in the top menubar.

Dat Ei
    good point. Codec Central used to be one of the menu items at top of page along with PRODUCTS, BUY, etc. But is no longer there.....I only find via google search.