title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: FLAC to Apple Lossless worked one time and now DOESN'T WORK

FLAC to Apple Lossless worked one time and now DOESN'T WORK

Help! I have just installed the trial version of Music Converter with a view to buying it. There is a weird problem and no matter what I do I can't seem to get round it! My entire library (ripped from vinyl) is in FLAC and I have just acquired an iPhone. So I need to convert the FLAC files to Apple Lossless format so that iTunes will recognize them. I tried one sample album as a test and it worked perfectly. Encouraged by this I went to convert my entire library. NOW, having worked just that one first time, it's not working at all! What happens is that the Music Converter allows me to choose Apple Lossless as the format to convert to... it then says it is going through "converting to Apple Lossless" ... and when it reached the end, when I check the files, they are all STILL FLAC.... what's happening? I may be doing something stupid... I have tried overwriting or not overwriting, it doesn't make any difference, the files stay as FLAC. This issue only arises when I try to convert to Apple Lossless ... if I convert to (for example) WAV it works fine... any ideas??

Administrator

Re: FLAC to Apple Lossless worked one time and now DOESN'T WORK

On the overwriting page, it will show the exact path and filename of the files it creates, with this page open browse to this location and look at the files.