title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC to WAVE conversion question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrblue
    • Jan 2019

FLAC to WAVE conversion question

Hi all,
    This is my first post ,so please go easy .
    When converting from FLAC to WAVE on completion when I open file properties it shows the file
    Is still FLAC at 36 % compression even though I selected uncompressed before converting is this
    Correct ?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: FLAC to WAVE conversion question

are you actually converting to WAV and *not* FLAC uncompressed? These are two different things. If you are converting to WAV, are you sure you are looking in the right location for the converted files. They may not be in the original directory depending on what you setup as naming string in converter.

Comment

• Mrblue
      • Jan 2019

Yes I am looking in the correct directory and yes I am converting from FLAC to wave

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mrblue
        Yes I am looking in the correct directory and yes I am converting from FLAC to wave
        Odd. Does the "time/date created" of the new FLAC (supposed to be WAV) file match the time of the conversion or is the date of the file the date of the old FLAC file. I'm trying to figure out whether the FLAC file you are seeing is actually a newly created file or just a copy of the old flac file.

Comment

• Mrblue
          • Jan 2019

Sorry on further inspection , you where correct the target hdd was not formatted as I thought it was so the converted files where placed below my large collection of album file folders , but strangely just as a list of tracks with no new album file folders .

Ok now sorted I did not enter /source Path/ in to the target location string that why the album file folders where missing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
          Last edited by Mrblue; 01-02-2019, 11:32 PM. Reason: Correction made

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mrblue
            Sorry on further inspection , you where correct the target hdd was not formatted as I thought it was so the converted files where placed below my large collection of album file folders , but strangely just as a list of tracks with no new album file folders .
            that means you didn't setup the target dynamic naming to use artist or album folders. you want something like this (see pic).

First, in the convert popup, click on "output to" dropdown menu. Then click on edit dynamic naming, then enter something like I show in the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	294009

Comment

Working...

]]>