title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error: Unable to Tag File

Error: Unable to Tag File

Just started using this program. The majority of tracks list this error message although some rip okay. I have tried a few different CD's but the same thing happened. Any advice based upon the info below, let me know if more details are needed. Thank you for any help!!

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\01 Beatles, The - Help!.flac'
    Unable to tag file 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\01 Beatles, The - Help!._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\04 Beatles, The - I Need You.flac'
    Unable to tag file 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\04 Beatles, The - I Need You._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\03 Beatles, The - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.flac'
    Unable to tag file 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\03 Beatles, The - You've Got to Hide Your Love Away._'

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\02 Beatles, The - The Night Before.flac'
    Unable to tag file 'E:\PersonalCloud\Public\Music\Beatles, The\Help!\02 Beatles, The - The Night Before._'

Administrator

Re: Error: Unable to Tag File

You would have to rip to a different location, such as a folder created on drive C

Can you please elaborate on what the fix should be? I am ripping to a folder on drive C, and I am seeing errors similar to those in the original post:

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\john\Music\Alan Parsons\On Air (DTS)\01 Alan Parsons - Blue Blue Sky.flac'
    Unable to tag file 'C:\Users\john\Music\Alan Parsons\On Air (DTS)\01 Alan Parsons - Blue Blue Sky.flac'

In my case, I think I have figured it out for myself. The my destination folder (Music) is a Windows "protected folder" so Windows was blocking the tags from being applied. I am now ripping to a different folder, and all seems to be well.

dBpoweramp Guru

Have you tried to write to a different folder? The verdict is that your folder "C:\Users\john\Music" is under control of a software, i.e. like Windows Media Player, which locks the audio files, so dBpa can't write the tags.

Dat Ei