title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Anyone Running Batch Converter on a Synology NAS ? ......................

Anyone Running Batch Converter on a Synology NAS ? ......................

Wondering if it is possible to run the Batch Converter on a Synology NAS .... That is where my Music is stored, and I could do this remotely as well.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Anyone Running Batch Converter on a Synology NAS ? ......................

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    Wondering if it is possible to run the Batch Converter on a Synology NAS .... That is where my Music is stored, and I could do this remotely as well.
    Only if you have a network drive setup on your PC/Mac so you access the music files from there. But only wired, if you try it wirelessly it will be slow and likely overload the WiFi bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by timster67 View Post
    Only if you have a network drive setup on your PC/Mac so you access the music files from there. But only wired, if you try it wirelessly it will be slow and likely overload the WiFi bandwidth.
    Thanks for your reply... But either I did not understand you or you did not understand me.... I have a PC on my Network and have run the Batch Converter there on the Music Library that is stored on the NAS... And the speed is fine. What I was asking about is there a Linux version of the Batch Converter that could actually reside and run on the Synology itself?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you have a gigabit switch then the speed would be fine. I'd be surprised if it's ok over WiFi though.
    In answer to the question, no there isn't.

BatchConverter does not see my NAS (WD MyCloud). What is the problem?

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you assign a drive letter to the smb share?

Dat Ei