title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Music Converter 16.5 (64 bit) creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format.
    Lame.exe is present, and functions correctly in command line mode.
    Ran the converter in debug mode. Log file is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Do you have any security software which might be blocking lame.exe?

What happens if you try to convert to wave? does that work?

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Do you have any security software which might be blocking lame.exe?

What happens if you try to convert to wave? does that work?
    I disabled my only antivirus (Bitdefender) and tested the MP3 conversion. It still fails, continuing to create only 0 byte files.

I am able to convert files to other formats, such as wav and flac.

Administrator

Please upload one of these files to dropbox and personal message me the link.

Please upload one of these files to dropbox and personal message me the link.
    Done!

Administrator

The flac file converts fine on my system, so there must be something on your system which is blocking the software from functioning. Try to uninstall bitdefender?

The flac file converts fine on my system, so there must be something on your system which is blocking the software from functioning. Try to uninstall bitdefender?
    Really??? You want me to uninstall Bitdefender? I am able to completely disable Bitdefender from within its user interface, (it showed nothing from DbPoweramp being blocked) (which I have already done and your request,and the problem persisted). I have other conversion software on my PC which successfully convert files to MP3 (at lease one also using the same Lame.exe file).
    I am not willing to uninstall Bitdefender and lose all of my user-specific settings.

A question...
    Does the CD Ripper program use the same Lame MP3 encoder as Music Converter? I' asking because my CD Ripper program successfully rips to MP3.

Administrator

Music Converter runs 'Core Converter' which does the encoding through lame.exe

CD Ripper also runs Core Converter.

Administrator

Try using Multi Encoder in CD ripper, just add one encoder, mp3 Lame.

Try using Multi Encoder in CD ripper, just add one encoder, mp3 Lame.
    CD Ripper successfully created 3 mp3 files using your requested settings, which were validated by PerfectTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by sundiegojc View Post
    CD Ripper successfully created 3 mp3 files using your requested settings, which were validated by PerfectTunes.
    It has been a week since I have seen any further response to this thread. Are you still investigating this issue?

Administrator

We do not, the issue is something on your system blocking the program, however it has been worked around by you using multi-encoder.

We do not, the issue is something on your system blocking the program, however it has been worked around by you using multi-encoder.
    Perhaps you could review the thread again. What you asked me to test was the multi-encoder (using only the Lame/Mp3 converter) with CDRipper, which I did successfully, and subsequently reported.

I don't see this as a work-around, because as far as I can tell, I can only use CDRipper to rip audio files from a CD, which is not what I was asking for help with.

I just tested DBPowerAmp with the multi-converter on local audio files (wav, Flac, and m4a), and it still only creates 0 byte files, with my only AV program, Bitdefender, completely disabled.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sundiegojc View Post
    I just tested DBPowerAmp with the multi-converter on local audio files (wav, Flac, and m4a), and it still only creates 0 byte files, with my only AV program, Bitdefender, completely disabled.
    Completely disabled, are you sure?

In this situation, I would:

1. Use the msconfig utility and disable ALL Bitdefender start-up services and applications, restart the PC and try to convert again. This is the best way to rule out Bitdefender.

OR

2. Boot into safemode and try to convert again. This is the best way to rule out any other 3rd party software.