title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Music Converter 16.5 (64 bit) creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format.
    Lame.exe is present, and functions correctly in command line mode.
    Ran the converter in debug mode. Log file is attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Do you have any security software which might be blocking lame.exe?

What happens if you try to convert to wave? does that work?

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Do you have any security software which might be blocking lame.exe?

What happens if you try to convert to wave? does that work?
    I disabled my only antivirus (Bitdefender) and tested the MP3 conversion. It still fails, continuing to create only 0 byte files.

I am able to convert files to other formats, such as wav and flac.

Administrator

Please upload one of these files to dropbox and personal message me the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Please upload one of these files to dropbox and personal message me the link.
    Done!

Administrator

The flac file converts fine on my system, so there must be something on your system which is blocking the software from functioning. Try to uninstall bitdefender?