title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error Message Since Latest Windows Update - Not Resolved by Installing Latest Version

Unhappy Error Message Since Latest Windows Update - Not Resolved by Installing Latest Version

Hi, Since Windows Updates a few days ago I've been getting error messages telling me:-

C:\program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\decoder\cda.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original insallation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.

I get the message twice each time, either headed uMediaLibray.exe - Bad image or uPnP.exe - Bad image.

I've uninstalled Asset UPnP and reinstalled with the latest version (updating from 5.2 to 6.1) but it makes no difference and the error messages still occur every time I restart my PC or attempt to open Asset UPnP or the Configuration utility.

Screen grab of one of the error messages attached.

I'm still able to browse the Library (which is on a NAS) and stream music to our Linn system using Kinsky on an iPad. So everything seems to be working with the exception of the annoying, recurring error messages.

Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Error Message Since Latest Windows Update - Not Resolved by Installing Latest Ver

Try deleting this file, it is not needed. (cda.dll)

Re: Error Message Since Latest Windows Update - Not Resolved by Installing Latest Ver

Thanks Spoon,

That seems to have solved the problem.

I also have CD Ripper installed. I trust deleting the cda.exe file from the decoder folder won't adversely affect CD Ripper?

Thanks,

Peter

Administrator

It will not.