title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Missing album artwork

Missing album artwork

Ive just upgraded from my previous version to 16.4 trial on my Mac over xmas, for some reason it no longer automatically suggests the album artwork unlike my version 16.3.
    I can manually select from the internet no problem. Any suggestions
    Thanks

Administrator

Re: Missing album artwork

You need the registered version from:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and need help. I apologize if this is not the right note for this, I have looked around in the forum and have not found what I needed and this seems to be the closest topic.

I have a 1500 cd collection. I bought a Nimbie multi-cd reader and a dbpoweramp reference license (including perfect tunes, ....) I'm running Win10. I configured the batch reader to rip to flac and to MP3 in different directories on an external hard drive
    M:\flac\artist\album\songtitle or
    M:\mp3\artist\album\songtitle.

I use the appropriate conditionals so multi-artist CDs go to M:\(flac or mp3)\various artists\album\songtitle

This batch ripping with the nimbie is working OK (ripping batches of 25) except that I am not getting album artwork. I have seen posts about needing to pay for a subscription and there is a button to purchase a GDA subscription except when I click it, it says the service is no longer available and I should load a newer version of dbpoweramp. When I run dbpoweramp it says I have the latest.

I am not a professional ripper. I am just an old man with 1500 CDs I have collected over the years.
    I would appreciate if someone could give me a pointer to what I need to do to properly rip my cd collection with artwork.

Thank you in advance.

Administrator

This is the link you need:

https://www.getdigitaldata.com/AppSi...ampSignUp.aspx

You should then have a username and password you can type into the GD3 metadata options in Batch Ripper.

Thank you very much- that was the link I needed! So as a next step I need help to configure the batch reader to minimize unneeded commercial lookups and then I'll pay for the rest.

Is there a way to configure the batch ripper to get the album art from other sources before using getdigitaldata?
    I see the option "Commercial Lookup Rule" and have selected: "Lookup GD3 Whe AMG has no Matches".
    I also have checked:
    All Media Guide, GD3, MusicBrainz, freedb, and
    Intelligent Meta from all Enabled Providers.

But with this configuration and having not purchased a GD3 account, I got no artwork.

For the first 258 albums I ripped Perfecttunes found 221 so, as a rough estimate, I may, on average, really only need GD3 for 14% of my albums. It would be a significant savings not to use GD3 for every lookup. OK, I know that .12/cd may not seem alot but most of these CDs were purchased used and I'm on a budget :-).

Again, your help appreciated.

Administrator

You need to update your batch ripper software, AMG has been replaced by Discogs in Release 3.