title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper has trouble with CD's That Adobe Audition Does Not

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

CD Ripper has trouble with CD's That Adobe Audition Does Not

I have certain CD's that CD Ripper has trouble with. This is usually happening around the middle of the disc. The first several tracks will rip fine on the first pass, then it will need to go multiple passes, secure, ultra secure, rewriting frames, and the track will fail. Subsequent tracks will exhibit the same behavior.

Usually, reinserting the disc and ripping the remaining tracks one at a time will work fine without errors, except sometimes the one or 2 tracks from the middle of the disc. If I open the disc in Adobe Audition and rip the tracks that CD ripper had a problem with the tracks will rip quickly and without error.

I examine the resulting rips, and listen to the entire track, and there are no glitches in the audio.

Why is CD ripper having an issue with certain tracks?

Generally, once a track can't be ripped the following tracks will also immediately fail seemingly without any attempt to read them. I have to remove the disc and reinsert it for Ripper to recognize the problem tracks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper has trouble with CD's That Adobe Audition Does Not

Adobe Audition don't cares about the read errors. Not every read error will result in an audible glitch.

Dat Ei