title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Request - "Various Artists" in Album Artist Field

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

CD Ripper Request - "Various Artists" in Album Artist Field

Is it possible in the next version to automatically fill in the Album Artist field with Various Artists when the compilation box is checked?

When I rip a compilation, it does get saved under the Various Artists folder, but the Album Artist Field is blank. When I import the files to my music management system (Sony Music Center for PC), they come up as separate albums, 1 for each Artist, and they are transferred to my Walkman the same way. I have to remember to Put Various Artists in the Album Artist field before ripping the CD.

(I originally posted in the wrong forum and tried to delete, but couldn't. My apologies)

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper Request - "Various Artists" in Album Artist Field

Hey cippe01,

this is a problem of the Sony software, not CD Ripper. You can fix it for your player (add album artist tag "Various artist" for compilations). So I would still prefer to have no album artist tag, if there is no album artist, like in case of compilations.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: CD Ripper Request - "Various Artists" in Album Artist Field

You could make it an option.