title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: audio stream selection

audio stream selection

HI- new here - is anyone able to tell me how to select the relevant audio stream when converting to MP4? I am converting from .ts files with dual audio streams and the stream automatically selected by dbpoweramp isnt always the right one - making my purchase redundant.

very grateful for help, probably missing something obvious.

Administrator

Re: audio stream selection

It is not currently possible.

Isn't this still not possible? Or at least/addtional that the converter converts/1:1 all the Audio streams? Currently i takes ramdonly/the first? one only.

Without this, for me the Video converter is useless.
    Last edited by Arganto; 05-05-2019 at 05:29 AM.

I use another product (MakeMKV) to create a file with my selected audio stream and then convert it with Video Converter.

I use this exact same way to rip audio from blu-rays and DVDs. I have searched the documentation and have not found any mention of the implications of selecting any of the choices under "Extract" (Audio Stream 0-9), so I wonder if it matters for my purposes.

Administrator

Use the DSP effect 'Stream selection'

Currently, the dbpoweramp converter doesn't allow for manual selection of audio streams when converting from .ts files; has anyone found a workaround or alternative method to address this limitation?

For those dealing with dual audio streams in .ts files, how do you manage or select the desired audio stream during the conversion process, and have you encountered any effective solutions or tools to handle this issue?

Administrator

Use the DSP effect Stream Selection and choose a different audio stream.