title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Playlist songs seen but not playing

Playlist songs seen but not playing

Hello,
    I am trying you create a playlist on a QNAP NAS using a MAC. I can get Asset to see the files but they do not play.

The text in the file is as follows:-

*EXTM3U
    /Multimedia/Courtney Barnett/Lotta Sea Lice/01 Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile - Over everything.flac
    /share/Multimedia/Crash Test Dummies/God Shuffled His Feet/07 Crash Test Dummies - I Think I'll Disappear Now.flac

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Administrator

Re: Playlist songs seen but not playing

You would have SSH into the NAS to find the real internal path. If you look at the asset configuration page it might give a clue where the library is.

Please forgive my ignorance but that doesn't mean much to me.

From what I can understand, Asset can see the playlist file and the tracks within that file show up in the Naim app - but they don't play.

/share/Multimedia/Crash Test Dummies/God Shuffled His Feet/07 Crash Test Dummies - I Think I'll Disappear Now.flac - is a cut and paste of the location. Am I missing something?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PlantPot View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance but that doesn't mean much to me.

From what I can understand, Asset can see the playlist file and the tracks within that file show up in the Naim app - but they don't play.

/share/Multimedia/Crash Test Dummies/God Shuffled His Feet/07 Crash Test Dummies - I Think I'll Disappear Now.flac - is a cut and paste of the location. Am I missing something?
    It is odd that your music is in Multimedia - it's usually Multimedia/Music, so are you sure that is correct?

Anyway you'd be better off using a relative path. So if your playlists are in a folder called Multimedia/playlists/ and the music files are in Multimedia, the path in the m3u would be "../Crash Test Dummies/God Shuffled His Feet/07 Crash Test Dummies - I Think I'll Disappear Now.flac" etc.

Bingo - many thanks timster. Losing the first half of the path and starting with "../" etc did the trick.

Many thanks for help.

Mtthew