title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Best way to to convert FLAC to FLAC?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dexter
    • Jan 2012

Best way to to convert FLAC to FLAC?

I have been going thru rips of my Christmas music this month - and have found a handful that were done with an older version of FLAC.

Yes, this is probably an OCD-type question, but a little of that comes with this hobby! If I want to take older FLAC rips and convert them to the same version that most of my collection is ripped in (1.3.1), is it as simple as running them thru the Converter? i.e Select Files > right-click > Make sure FLAC is selected at the top and click Convert?

Just making sure that I don't have to do anything else, like convert to WAV first or something. Thanks!

(If it's that easy, I may upgrade today and convert everything to 1.3.2 over time.....)
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Best way to to convert FLAC to FLAC?

Originally posted by Dexter
    I have been going thru rips of my Christmas music this month - and have found a handful that were done with an older version of FLAC.

Yes, this is probably an OCD-type question, but a little of that comes with this hobby! If I want to take older FLAC rips and convert them to the same version that most of my collection is ripped in (1.3.1), is it as simple as running them thru the Converter? i.e Select Files > right-click > Make sure FLAC is selected at the top and click Convert?

Just making sure that I don't have to do anything else, like convert to WAV first or something. Thanks!

(If it's that easy, I may upgrade today and convert everything to 1.3.2 over time.....)
    yes, it is as simple as selecting all the files, converting to FLAC. You'll want to set your file destination to where you want the converted files to be when done. And if you use any DSP you'll need to include those in the conversion settings (e.g., ReplayGain DSP).

p.s. And yes, it is very OCD to want to convert existing FLAC files to FLAC files with newer version. But easy enough to do in any case. ;-)

Comment

• Dexter
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by garym
      yes, it is as simple as selecting all the files, converting to FLAC. You'll want to set your file destination to where you want the converted files to be when done. And if you use any DSP you'll need to include those in the conversion settings (e.g., ReplayGain DSP).

p.s. And yes, it is very OCD to want to convert existing FLAC files to FLAC files with newer version. But easy enough to do in any case. ;-)
      Thank you! (Realistically, I'm only going to do this for like 20-25 Christmas CDs.)

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dexter
        Thank you! (Realistically, I'm only going to do this for like 20-25 Christmas CDs.)
        Merry Christmas!

Comment

Working...

]]>