title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: GD3 metadata limitation

GD3 metadata limitation

We have a customer who would like to have his 1.000 CDs with classic music tagged only with GD3.

Is there a limitation of GD3 lookups when ripping with Batch Ripper and Nimbie?
    Can I handle this limitation by ripping manually with CD drives (dbPowerAmp)?
    If I have to buy GD3 "lookups". How can I handle this with dbPowerAmp?
    Or is there no limitation?

Administrator

Re: GD3 metadata limitation

It is likely they want 'Sontadb' which is supplied through GD3 but only for CD Ripper, not Batch Ripper (that would mean manual loading of CDs).

Batch Ripper has a commercial license in Batch Ripper, you would buy lookups direct from GD3 at $0.10 per CD.

Thank you.
    So I have to buy lookups.

But "how" does BatchRipper "know" that I have bought a package with lookups?
    I do not see anywhere a menu or anything else where I can tell the BatchRipper that I have bought 1000 lookups. And even with GD3 nobody asks which device or model I am ripping CDs. So I don't know what happens when I buy 1000 lookups. Or what I have to do after that.
    (sorry for this english - I'm translating with google)

Administrator

You enter a username and password in the GD3 section of metadata in batch ripper.

Thank you