title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: New User - 2 Questions

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Question New User - 2 Questions

I was so impressed with dBpoweramp that I purchased it a few minutes after trying it out. I've been happily re-ripping my entire cd collection and have 2 questions:

1) Is there any way to fix the artist naming when a group has the word "The" in the name. Every single CD compilation I have ripped so far has Group, The as the format, and I am manually changing them to put "The" first and removing the trailing comma and "The". All of the providers seem to have artists listed this way. It may be some kind of standard, but I can't stand that format. The software I am using to catalog my FLAC files for my Hi-Res Sony Walkman already has a sort field which removes the word "The" from the group name. It's just so tedious doing this on every track with a "The" in the artist's name.

2) As far as FLAC lossless encoding goes, what is the difference in the levels? I keep it set on the recommended Level 5. Is it just the amount of compression? I assume higher is less compressed and therefore larger file size, but does it make any difference at all to the sound? My logical mind tells me no, but I am still unsure about this.

Great software!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: New User - 2 Questions

Silly me, after posting this, I see there is a setting in CD Ripper Options to handle "The". I have been using this for several hour now, and I didn't see that option. As Emily Latella used to say, "Never Mind...."

Administrator

Re: New User - 2 Questions

FLAC is all lossless, it is just effort which goes into compressing.