title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ...as described in a number of posts...

...as described in a number of posts...

I'm new to dBpoweramp. I've been browsing this board. In a few places I have come across comments like "changed the ripper settings as described in a number of posts". But so far I haven't found such posts. Or if I did see them I couldn't tell what was what. Can someone please point me to the Common Wisdom of settings, if there is such a thing?

Most disks are ripping clean with Burst mode, max speed. When there are problem tracks I uncheck the tracks that worked and just try again. Sometimes that will fix one or two Innacurate tracks. Then I lower the speed from max to 10 and try again. Much of the time that works.

But of course sometimes it doesn't. Then I have tried changing from Burst to Secure. That takes vast amounts of time, and sometimes works. And sometime not. Right now I am dealing with a short (22:27 length) disk that gives Inaccurate for 6 out of 11 tracks. If I try to run Secure it will be overnight.

Thanks!

Administrator

Re: ...as described in a number of posts...

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

Of course you've checked to make sure the discs are clean and not scratched...or have you? Also, are you having problems with commercial CDs, assumed to be manufactured properly, or are you fussing around with home-made copies using the cheapest possible blank discs?

All the disks are factory-made music CDs. I've actually never tried to burn a music disk, and I am not aware of ever seeing a home-burned music disk, must less owned one. I guess I've just lived a sheltered life.

I've cleaned disks, but only after they display a problem. Not having any remedy at hand for scratches I have not done anything there.

The disk with problems on six of eleven tracks is scratchy, so that is easily explained. Oh well. That is the one really bad disk in 185.

Overall I have been pleased with the ripping process. I do have another question, but I will try to work out exactly what I am asking and try to figure it out first.

Thanks!