title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FLAC Files Missing tags/Metadata

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: FLAC Files Missing tags/Metadata

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I would add that checking the metadata before ripping, is essential.
    I'd add that it doesn't hurt to also confirm after the rip that things look ok. I typically open up my new rips in mp3tag.exe and take a glance to insure that everything seems OK. I have occasionally found issues with replaygain tags missing. Rare of course. But it is just part of my ripping process.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

timester67 and mville,

Thank you for your input. Please know that I am aware of the issues you two presented and these are not my problem.

At this point I am simply baffled and the computer is not letting me edit any information including the track titles. I do not believe I have ever had this happen before.

Happy holigays,

Tom Swaman

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
    timester67 and mville,

Thank you for your input. Please know that I am aware of the issues you two presented and these are not my problem.

At this point I am simply baffled and the computer is not letting me edit any information including the track titles. I do not believe I have ever had this happen before.

Happy holigays,

Tom Swaman
    Which program are you using to try and edit the metadata (e.g., track titles). dbpoweramp's "Edit ID Tag" (from explorer menu if you right click on a track file)? Or something else?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Swaman View Post
    It is unclear what the problem is and in which application you have the issue.

Perhaps post a screenshot to help describe the issue better and post any full error messages that you get when trying to edit audio files?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

mville,

You are totally correct and wise. I fully agree with you. Also, I do try always to originally check the metadata. What I have experienced this time is a total fluke to me and this occurred with only 5 albums out of about 10,000. Perhaps this is the oft called "electronic glitch" I do not understand what or why things happened or how to adequately relabel the several tracks involved.

Happy Holidays,

Tom Swaman