title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to convert AAC Apple (VBR) to FLAC 192 Mhz to 24 Bits

Question How to convert AAC Apple (VBR) to FLAC 192 Mhz to 24 Bits

Hello everyone, I can not convert with the program some music files from AAC Apple (VBR) to 320 kbps to FLAC 192 Mkbps to 24 Bits I choose the default option and it goes out to 16 bits, I do not know what frequency it is because it does not come out, I have mac and the program is complicated
    Last edited by Edu28; 12-08-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Administrator

Re: How to convert AAC Apple (VBR) to FLAC 192 Mhz to 24 Bits

Use the DSP effects 'Resample' and 'Bit Depth' to set the bits and frequency to the values required.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Edu28 View Post
    Hello everyone, I can not convert with the program some music files from AAC Apple (VBR) to 320 kbps to FLAC 192 Mkbps to 24 Bits I choose the default option and it goes out to 16 bits, I do not know what frequency it is because it does not come out, I have mac and the program is complicated
    I'm sure you have your reasons, but just to be clear, do you realize that converting a 320kbps AAC file to 24/192 does *not* turn the file into a lossless hi-def file? It simply takes the lossy 320kbs AAC file and makes it way larger. Conversion doesn't recreate the lost bits when it was created. You'd be better off leaving the AAC 320kbps alone. Nothing you do to them will make them better than they already are. (and I suspect a 320kbps AAC file should be very good. Likely impossible to detect a difference from the original lossless version in a blind test.)
    Last edited by garym; 12-08-2018 at 03:20 PM.

the 192 kbps corresponds to the Flac format, because it is a file without loss, is the standard of this format, the way to change it from 16 bits to 24 already found it in the option Add DSP> Bit Depth tb I have passed the frequency of 44100 to 96000 as the internet files appear in fact the AAC the program recognizes them to 24 bit

dBpoweramp Guru

the 192 kbps corresponds to the Flac format, because it is a file without loss, is the standard of this format, the way to change it from 16 bits to 24 already found it in the option Add DSP> Bit Depth tb I have passed the frequency of 44100 to 96000 as the internet files appear in fact the AAC the program recognizes them to 24 bit
    All may be true, but understand that all of this conversion does NOT create a 24/192 lossless file from the original 320kbps AAC file.

dBpoweramp Guru

FLAC files are not only 24/192. A FLAC file ripped from a (redbook) CD would be 16/44.1.

that depends on the program for example in macintosh, specifically iTunes rips the CDs in CDA format

dBpoweramp Guru

that depends on the program for example in macintosh, specifically iTunes rips the CDs in CDA format
    itunes can rip that way if setup to do that.* But if your actual file is a 320kbps AAC file, it was not ripped that way. It was ripped as a lossy AAC file.
    *that is itunes can rip to lossless. Nothing rips to CDA. That's not a format itself. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cda_file

Itunes can rip losslessly to AIFF, WAV, or Apple Lossless (and all the resulting lossless files would be 16/44.1) or create lossy files by ripping to MP3 or AAC.
    Last edited by garym; 12-08-2018 at 04:13 PM.