title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTUNES ID Tags - WAV files with no prior tags

PerfectTUNES ID Tags - WAV files with no prior tags

New to this app, I have 30 albums of WAV with no tags. I have the registered version. Even if I manually tag the Album Artist Name and Album Name, I am not seeing any "suggestions" or a way for the app to populate the tags for all the tracks in the album.

I thought the app was supposed to help me tag untagged things, but maybe I am way off, looks like I have to type it in? I don't know the track names and they're not in my WAV filenames either.

I also have CD Ripper and that works great. I have seen references to "use dbpoweramp tag by filename" but have no idea where/what app that feature is in. Also still that's only going to be a partial hit based on filename, not nearly the data as if I ripped in CD ripper in the first place, and doesn't solve my "how to tag a track" problem as described above since it's not in my filename.

PerfectTunes Accurate Rip checker worked great and provided lots of useful data. Since Accurate Rip can ID my albums by "listening" to them, I assumed there was some connection where it would query and apply the tags for me as well.

Please advise, thank you.

Administrator

Re: PerfectTUNES ID Tags - WAV files with no prior tags

PerfectTUNES does not offer an automatic tagger.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTUNES ID Tags - WAV files with no prior tags

Quote Originally Posted by 73732018 View Post
    I have seen references to "use dbpoweramp tag by filename" but have no idea where/what app that feature is in. Also still that's only going to be a partial hit based on filename, not nearly the data as if I ripped in CD ripper in the first place, and doesn't solve my "how to tag a track" problem as described above since it's not in my filename.
    Sounds like it won't help in this case, but for other cases, you can install the utility codec "tag by filename" by downloading it from here:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm