title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp/AcurrateRip not recognising my DVD-rewriter offset?

dBpoweramp/AcurrateRip not recognising my DVD-rewriter offset?

Hi,
    I have been successfully ripping 100s of CDs via my HP laptop trouble free. Now though. my same(newish) drive is not recognised via the offset 'message' that pops up when trying to rip a CD. Not sure what is going on here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that resolved the issue to no avail. I have also lost the Desktop Icon even though I've selected it upon reinstallation. Is there something obvious I can do to resolve this issue? At the moment I can't rip anything...I keep getting a blank 'Notepad' page pop up instead.

Any advice will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bugeye; 12-04-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Re: dBpoweramp/AcurrateRip not recognising my DVD-rewriter offset?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeye View Post
    Hi,
    I have been successfully ripping 100s of CDs via my HP laptop trouble free. Now though. my same(newish) drive is not recognised via the offset 'message' that pops up when trying to rip a CD. Not sure what is going on here. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that resolved the issue to no avail. I have also lost the Desktop Icon even though I've selected it upon reinstallation. Is there something obvious I can do to resolve this issue? At the moment I can't rip anything...I keep getting a blank 'Notepad' page pop up instead.

Any advice will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks.

This is the drive:

CD Drive: hp DVDRW G
    Firmware: UE00
    Serial: KWD214K0626

dBpoweramp Guru

Does the drive read discs in the OS?

Administrator

The notepad can shown when you have enabled Debugging the settings page? but if there is no desktop icon, and nothing in the notepad it suggests you have something on the system which is stopping these basic operations, what is your security software?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Does the drive read discs in the OS?
    Hi and thank you for reply.

Yes Windows Media player reads discs without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The notepad can shown when you have enabled Debugging the settings page? but if there is no desktop icon, and nothing in the notepad it suggests you have something on the system which is stopping these basic operations, what is your security software?
    Hi Mr Spoon,

I have reinstalled dBpoweramp a few times and there is no desktop icon. My security is Windows Defender only. I have been using Defender for well over a year. Do you think there is a setting I might of changed without realising? It seems as though the operation of dBpoweramp on laptop is now corrupt?

Thankyou for your response.

Hi Mr Spoon,

I have reinstalled dBpoweramp a few times and there is no desktop icon. My security is Windows Defender only. I have been using Defender for well over a year. Do you think there is a setting I might of changed without realising? It seems as though the operation of dBpoweramp on laptop is now corrupt?

Thankyou for your response.

Just to clarify: when I now open CD ripper I get a Acurrate configuration box pop up saying it does not recognise my drive? I click the configure option box and then the drive clicks rapidly through all the tracks with 'error'given on every track followed by another box - This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection etc...

Just to clarify: when I now open CD ripper I get a Acurrate configuration box pop up saying it does not recognise my drive? I click the configure option box and then the drive clicks rapidly through all the tracks with 'error'given on every track followed by another box - This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection etc...
    Ok - I changed a setting in Windows Defender - uninstalled dBpoweramp and then reinstalled - now have Desktop icon back. The other problems I still have.

Many thanks so far.

Ok - I changed a setting in Windows Defender - uninstalled dBpoweramp and then reinstalled - now have Desktop icon back. The other problems I still have.

Many thanks so far.
    Ok, i'm secure ripping again though it is not AR - XAR - secure with a green tick. Not sure if I've missed or overlooked something else to make the rips AR data based?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Administrator

CD Ripper is able to recognize the make and model of your CD drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    CD Ripper is able to recognize the make and model of your CD drive?
    Hi Mr Spoon,
    Yes CD Ripper is able to recognise my CD drive. I've tried 'zero' offset in settings. I have made sure the AR info box is ticked. The rips are still not being checked/verified via AccurateRip.

Can it still be something I've overlooked in security setting on Windows 10?

Thanks

Administrator

If you get a message box asking to configure accuraterip when you insert each disc, then you just have to feed it CDs until it configures.

Ok, will just keep feeding discs as at least the rips are secure.
    Thanks for your time to reply, much appreciated.