title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multple workstations, multple users and therefore muliple user profiles

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

Multple workstations, multple users and therefore muliple user profiles

I am trying to maintain consistency on 5 windows workstations fitted with dBpoweramp CD Ripper. We have about 8 to 10 users, each requiring at least one user profile on each of these workstations. Maintaining these profiles as we update CD Ripper versions, CD Ripper DSP settings is burdensome to say the least. To add to the problme, some users come and go and new profiles have to be created for new users on each workstation.

it's not clear where the profiles are stored, but it is clear that the current profile appears in the registry. The ideal solution for us would be to be able to create one user profile for each user that would load from a central location, a profile server. If this is possible, please let me know what we need to do to get there from here.

I'd rather update 10 profiles in one place when an update is made rather than have to do it 50 times at five different locations. Is there a way to centralize the maintenance of dBpoweramp CD Ripper profiles?

Dennis...aka "d2b"

Administrator

Re: Multple workstations, multple users and therefore muliple user profiles

If you export the registry location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate

this is all the settings for profiles in CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multple workstations, multple users and therefore muliple user profiles

Did you consider roaming profiles?

Dat Ei