title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Add a new tag for release date in WAV-files and is the comment field removed

Add a new tag for release date in WAV-files and is the comment field removed

Hi

1. I have many existing WAV-files on my computer. In connection with this, I will insert a new tag if it possible where I can enter the date that the files, e.g. from an album is released.

Can I insert a new tag via dBpoweramp with the name "release date", if yes, how do I do that?

When I right click on a WAV-file, and after that select "edit tags", I not can insert tags, but only edit the tags that is already inserted. I have tried to look on the tool "Tag Update", but I not can find an option to insert new tags with special names, only edit tags there is created.

2. Earlier you could insert a comment with dBpoweramp in existing WAV-files. Here you e.g. could write the name of the person there has incoded the tracks.

Now I not longer can find this field.

Is this comment-field removed?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards,
    Anders

Administrator

Re: Add a new tag for release date in WAV-files and is the comment field removed

Right click on File >> Edit ID Tags

click the [+ Add] button at the bottom of the tag list, if this is not shown then it is likely you do not have the registered version of dBpoweramp which is needed to edit tags.

Re: Add a new tag for release date in WAV-files and is the comment field removed

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Right click on File >> Edit ID Tags

click the [+ Add] button at the bottom of the tag list, if this is not shown then it is likely you do not have the registered version of dBpoweramp which is needed to edit tags.
    Dear Spoon

Very thanks for your answer!

1. Your solution worked fine.

2. But if I try to see the property for the file in Windows Explorer, where I right click on the file, select "property", and for last select the "Details" tab, I not can see the new customed tags. I only can see the default tags that Windows showing up, e.g. album, year and copyright.

Can I modify some in Windows/dBpoweramp so Windows also can view the customed tags I insert with dBpoweramp?

I have two computers with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 64-bit, and the result is the same.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards,
    Anders

Administrator

This is a Windows limitation, it will only show those tags the Microsoft want to show.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have written on the Microsoft forums, begging them to update tagging options/display in a future update.