title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flips
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

It would be cool if you would consider adding support for WAV/FLAC markers, that
    they would survive as MP3 chapters when converted ...
  • brandonjp
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2003

Re: Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

Ditto on this.

Oof! Last month, I down-sized a bunch of old MP3 Audiobooks from 320kbs Stereo to 96kbs Mono MP3 and just assumed everything was great until last week I tried skipping to a chapter. Went back and checked that all of the files had lost chapters. And the originals are long gone now :(

Regardless, would be a great addition for the future!

Comment

• TheMadBrewer
      • Mar 2021

I realize this is an old thread but I'll add another voice. I have a big collection of classical music (ALAC) where the entire work is one track and each movement a chapter. I'll be converting these to FLAC at some point and it would be nice to preserve chapters.

Comment

• GBrown
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TheMadBrewer
        I realize this is an old thread but I'll add another voice. I have a big collection of classical music (ALAC) where the entire work is one track and each movement a chapter. I'll be converting these to FLAC at some point and it would be nice to preserve chapters.
        Apple recently added support for tags with Work and Movement. I assume that this was for iTunes if you are using ALAC. Are these something you are using in your ALAC files?
        @Spoon is there any mapping to use these tags in ALAC when converting to FLAC or others for chapters?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

They are a specific tag in the apple world, that means Apple Lossless and m4a (AAC).

You can have those tags on FLAC but nothing will likely use them.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>