title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Cool Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

It would be cool if you would consider adding support for WAV/FLAC markers, that
    they would survive as MP3 chapters when converted ...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast brandonjp's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

Ditto on this.

Oof! Last month, I down-sized a bunch of old MP3 Audiobooks from 320kbs Stereo to 96kbs Mono MP3 and just assumed everything was great until last week I tried skipping to a chapter. Went back and checked that all of the files had lost chapters. And the originals are long gone now :(

Regardless, would be a great addition for the future!

Re: Add support for Chapters / Markers (dMC)

I realize this is an old thread but I'll add another voice. I have a big collection of classical music (ALAC) where the entire work is one track and each movement a chapter. I'll be converting these to FLAC at some point and it would be nice to preserve chapters.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but I'll add another voice. I have a big collection of classical music (ALAC) where the entire work is one track and each movement a chapter. I'll be converting these to FLAC at some point and it would be nice to preserve chapters.
    Apple recently added support for tags with Work and Movement. I assume that this was for iTunes if you are using ALAC. Are these something you are using in your ALAC files?
    @Spoon is there any mapping to use these tags in ALAC when converting to FLAC or others for chapters?

Administrator

They are a specific tag in the apple world, that means Apple Lossless and m4a (AAC).

You can have those tags on FLAC but nothing will likely use them.