title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I convert FLAC to MP3 WITH Id3 tags?

Unhappy How do I convert FLAC to MP3 WITH Id3 tags?

I have a HUGE music collection that keeps growing. FLAC files take up WAY too much storage space for my limited budget, so I keep MP3s. Sometimes I can only find what I want in FLAC, and convert to MP3, but then I have no tags. Adding them all by hand takes up WAY more time than I have free, and sometimes I can't find a source for the info anyway. I was told that FLAC files contain the information, and even DLed a program that said it could extract it, but couldn't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help me with this?

Administrator

Re: How do I convert FLAC to MP3 WITH Id3 tags?

dBpoweramp will convert FLAC to mp3 and copy the tags across.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I was told that FLAC files contain the information...
    Flac files only contain tags, if the tags have been added to the file. It is possible to have a flac with no tags.

Converting a flac with no tags to an mp3 with dBpoweramp, will give you an mp3 with no tags.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    Sometimes I can only find what I want in FLAC, and convert to MP3, but then I have no tags. Adding them all by hand takes up WAY more time than I have free, and sometimes I can't find a source for the info anyway.
    If your flac files are organised in structured manner, dBpoweramp does have a tool that creates ID tags from filename and folder names.