title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to re-index?

How to re-index?

I would like to know how to re-index. Please excuse me if this is posted somewhere, I did try to find it but without success.

I have done a lot of cleaning up of tags of my music library, and I have found some old tags "stick" even when deleted. Specifically, for some files I had the artist tag incorrectly named and deleted it, wanting to have it blank. But the old artist tag still showed up on Asset (not my tagger and I checked in file properties to be sure), even after restarting Asset and rescanning. To debug, I rewrote the artist tag with some random characters and these random characters showed up in Asset. However, when I erased the random characters to leave the artist field blank again, the original incorrect artist tag showed up again. I am assuming this is because of old indexes that aren't getting cleaned out and getting reassigned to the file.

I hope there is an easy way to do a fresh re-index without creating a new asset instance.

Thank you

Administrator

Re: How to re-index?

On the settings page there is an option to Rescan (refresh all).

Yes, but does this create fresh indexes from scratch? Unless, I am misdiagnosing, re-scanning isn't cleaning up orphan indexes left over from old data. I have re-scanned several times with no success. I did do a test with one folder on a new asset instance, and the new instance left the artist fields blank, as I wanted. I could just delete the old instance and create a new one but then I would have to redo my tree.

Do you think this is a index problem? or something else?

Thanks

Administrator

'Refresh All' it clears the database and starts refresh.