title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Launching of Music Converter somehow broken on Win 7

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Launching of Music Converter somehow broken on Win 7

Possibly a recent Windows update, I don't know, but launching of Music Converter has just become painfully slow or crashes on my Win 7 PC. Have tried a restore and reinstall of dBpoweramp, nothing has fixed it. I run 16.5 registered.

Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: Launching of Music Converter somehow broken on Win 7

what does the crash message say?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

there is no message, just no response after I click on "Convert to" from the context menu, or maybe it comes up after several minutes. Earlier I installed the Monkey audio codec just to play with it, then I found the Context menu launcher for the Converter was not working. So I uninstalled the codec and still had the problem. MusicConverter.exe is in my Process list but nothing is happening. Reinstalling dBpoweramp did not fix it, so I rolled back my system to an older restore point but that did not help either. I'm now back with my core Windows updates restored. I can launch CD Ripper and Control Center. If I launch Converter directly I get the file dialogue box, but on selecting a file nothing happens (or maybe it will launch the Converter window if I wait long enough). Everything else on my system seems ok. My antivirus is Microsoft.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I just used the dBpoweramp reset.exe utility, and this has fixed it, as after reinstalling the Converter launches instantly. Could this be related to the Monkey audio codec install that I tried earlier?

Administrator

Try install it again and let me know...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I reinstalled the Monkey audio codec only this time I used "run as administrator" and it did not corrupt Converter launching. I do not normally use elevated privileges for codec installation, not sure if that's a red herring in this case.

Now that I have a completely clean installation, I've noticed that when Converter finishes, the progress window does not automatically close like it used to, I have to click on Finish. I can't find the option to make it close itself automatically - could you remind me where that is?

Administrator

On the converting page, the options arrow >> After Conversion >> Skip Finished

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    On the converting page, the options arrow >> After Conversion >> Skip Finished
    Thanks, but this options button only comes up once conversion is in progress - I was able to catch it in time to check the Skip Finished option, but the Options button would be good to have on the main conversion settings panel instead?