title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "Could Not Access Destination Folder"

"Could Not Access Destination Folder"

Hi, I've just started to get this message whenever I've tried to convert music files,with either Music or batch convertors. This used to work fine converting files on my Melco NAS. I've tried copying the files over to a new folder on my Mac, but I get the same message. Any ideas how I can overcome this please?

Administrator

Re: "Could Not Access Destination Folder"

dBpoweramp runs on a Mac or Windows?

An iMac, as I mentioned.

Administrator

What is the output folder set to in CD Ripper?

desktop/ripped cds.

OK, set up a new folder on the desktop & the music files now convert over to the new folder. I used to be able to put them into the original folder though. Is this a new chage then?

Administrator

No changes that I am aware of. The folder either does not exist, or is specified wrong.

The same goes for the NAS, make sure it is mounted and can be browsed in Finder, then use the same path in CD Ripper.

I have just upgraded my mac pc to Mojave. works fine on everything else it seems.
    But tried to convert wav to flac and get the dreaded 'could not access information folder &c'.
    I have tried placing the files on external disk, documents folder and desktop.
    Have downloaded dbPoweramp and reinstalled it (I am on 16.4)
    No go at all.
    Compatibility problem with Mac OS upgrade?
    I have check obvious things like permissions on the mac. I can also access and delete files on the disks that the dbPoweramp won't access.

Help please, don

Administrator

What is the ripping location set to?

Interesting!
    The CD Ripper was set to an adjacent USB external hard disk where it always has been set.
    I have tried to rip and it works fine!
    When I try to Convert the very file I have just ripped it says it cannot access destination folder.

What to do?

Spoon - update - there problem seems to be that it did not like Converting and saving into the same, existing source, folder.
    If I save into a different folder on my main computer disk, or an external it is fine.
    I then reconfigured Music Converter to try again saving in the existing source folder and it seems to work fine.

Seems to have been a glitch that has been overcome by effectively toggling in and out of "existing source" setting.

I can't help feeling this has come with the OS upgrade.

But all appears to be well.

Great app by the way.

Thanks
    don