title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP for QNAP - will only show FLAC or WAV and not both on Naim app.

Asset UPnP for QNAP - will only show FLAC or WAV and not both on Naim app.

Hi there.

Hope you are well.

With the free version, in Artist/Album, the Naim App would show albums of all formats in the same list. I upgraded to the full version but now find in this I have to switch between FLAC and WAV albums.

Is there a simple answer to this or do I have to go back to the free app to get the usability I prefer.

Thanks fi4 yiu4 help.

Cheers.

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP for QNAP - will only show FLAC or WAV and not both on Naim app.

This is not a feature of registered or free, they read the library the same.

How do you have to switch between flac and wave?

Sorry! My message was misleading. I usually go into Additional and then Album Artist/Album. To be more accurate, in this part of the app all FLAC files are shown but not all the WAV ones. For example, I bought the Queen collection that came out as 48kHz/24 WAV and have been buying the more recently issued 96kHz/24 FLAC ones - since I have upgraded none of the 48kHz/24 are listed on Album Artist/Album list so I have to find them by going to Folder &Filename Browsing.

I have a file for the Hi Res albums I buy, one of ripped CDs, and two for the B&W hi res downloads (one for pop and the other for classical). The later form of browsing makes scanning through the full list Impossible.
    Cheers

Administrator

Is it possible the naim app is filtering duplicates? try browsing using Asset Control if you have Windows:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-Control