title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metadata providers grayed out

Question Metadata providers grayed out

Hi & thanks for looking.

PROBLEM:
    I have recently installed dbPoweramp onto a new win10 pc and have gotten everything working, except the metadata providers; Discogs, GD3, MusicBrains & freedb. They are not highlighted in the dBpoweramp CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review dialog. (Aside I do own GD3, however, I do not know where it's link should be.)

I do believe that freedb might be working, because I am able to download metadata automatically, although, it will not allow me to directly access it via the dialog I just mentioned or search other sites if freedb doesn't have metadata fo an album.

I've gone into Windows Defender to allow dBpoweramp to pass through the firewall. Unfortunately in the "Allowed Apps" dialog there are several executable apps in Program Files > dBpoweramp folder. Which App/File Name do I use? Or, am I barking up the wrong tree? I've searched the forum, however, haven't come up with an answer to get me access to the metadata sites.

Note: if this info regarding metadata sites is on your website, please refer to it so I can proceed, OR, if anyone can guide me through this process I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for your insights!

Re: Metadata providers grayed out

I should add, that I am running 16.5 [64-bit] & Power Pack Registered.
    If I need to pay for the metadata providers, how would I go about that? Thx.

Administrator

You would need the Reference version to get metadata other than freedb.

Ok, upon your instructions:

1. I've just purchased $$$ the Reference Version, however, when I am on the screen (...CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review) the metadata providers are still blanked out/unusable. See next item.

2. I use the ...CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review page to insert the data, however, I am finding that the Manual Meta Review page/screen view fills up the PC screen thus severely limiting one from cutting & pasting data from other sources easily. Since the page is 80% blank white, unlike other Windows software, I am unable to drag a corner to make the page smaller. What is the point for having such a large blank area??? It's non productive.

BTW, the first 3- CD Box Set I ripped, following my purchase, had no metadata in any of the metadata sources provided in ...Ripper. I realize this is not your fault, however, by not being able download the metadata, I ran into the problem of getting enough screen space to manually copy in the metadata.

Please advise?? Is there any way to solve these problems in the program??? Thanks for your insights.

JimK

Administrator

Your purchase will email you a registration link, click it to install the registered version, this will enable the metadata providers.

2: you can press ALT + TAB to switch to another program, then ALT+TAB back to CD Ripper.
    Last edited by Spoon; 11-12-2018 at 08:09 PM.

1. I repeat ....when I am on the screen (...CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review) the metadata providers are still blanked out/unusable.
    2.Cut me a break...Alt+Tab everything.

item 1. I consider to be a bug; false & misleading.
    Item 2. ...."the Manual Meta Review page/screen view fills up the PC screen thus severely limiting one from cutting & pasting data from other sources easily"

These items should be rectified in the next version release; given good programming practices.

dBpoweramp Guru

Before you attest errors and give good advices, you should check your installation and setup. Are you running the registered version?

Dat Ei

Yes, on registered version.

Administrator

If you have inserted the disc previously the data will be from the metadata cache, you can request a live update by clicking the refresh icon on the toolbar, the providers should then be filled.

Hello,

I've clarified my comments on the attached screen dump .jpg I've uploaded the .jpg through the <Insert Image> click box.

I've included the page in cd ripper that shows:

1 .
    ..when I am on the screen (...CD Ripper: Manual Meta Review) the metadata providers are still blanked out/unusable.
    Since the Meta providers link does not work on this page, the blank space limits copy & paste of metadata from other websites..

Happy Thanksgiving!

Administrator

Your post contains no image, please add again.

I think I uploaded the file.....it shows under Manage Attachments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Yes this is taken from the cache, click OK (on that screen) then the refresh button (blue 2 arrow button on tool bar) it re-reads the metadata from the internet.

I've just installed dBpoweramp Release 17 [64-bit] trial version and am having the same problem.

Is this feature only available once I buy the program? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Administrator

No the trial is fully working. You might have security software which is stopping dBpoweramp from writing to the registry.