title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Network Drives & CD Reader Support

Network Drives & CD Reader Support

New User here. I have all my music sitting on local network NAS and my CD Reader is on a headless Mac Mini, but shared for the local network. Neither dbPoweramp or PerfectTunes seems to not support network drives or CD Readers from I can see. Is there a trick to be able to use shared drives?

Administrator

Re: Network Drives & CD Reader Support

CD Drives shared over the network cannot be used for ripping by any program, direct access is required to the drive.

Network locations are supported, however if not listed in the browser, map the network drive to a drive letter in Windows (reconnect after logon checked) and it will definitely appear in the folder selector.

Re: Network Drives & CD Reader Support

thanks for the tip on accessing the CD Rom drives. It is strange how you can share it, it shows up on your Finder window as a Remote Disc but you can't do anything with it.

Regarding PerfectTunes and accessing remote drives on my NAS, I found I can connect to it on the main screen, but when I go to ID Tags it can't see it. However if I Quit PerfectTunes and restart, boom the added network folder now shows up in its Browser list. A little bug there but something I can work around. I am now having PerfectTunes 'Listen' to my library (says 20+ hours right now to complete). What I want to try and do is clean up the composer list of all songs. I have a pretty big live Grateful Dead library with scores of versions of the same song, but unfortunately the composers aren't always the same (e.g. Garcia, Hunter verses Hunter, Garcia or even Jerry Garcie, Robert Hunter, etc). My Roon music server doesn't like when composers are 100% identical (this is a known open issue for Roon). So I'm hoping I can use PerfectTunes to locate all instances of one song title in my library and allow me to make the Composers all be the same. Fingers crossed.