title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help with error in secure ripping

Help with error in secure ripping

I am just getting started with dbpoweramp ripper and ran into an issue.
    I configured ripper according to: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper-setup-guide.htm
    (there is no 'save setting' button anywhere and the settings appear to be 'sticking' when I went back and rechecked them)

Anyway, I am ripping to FLAC and am getting error on 18 of 21 tracks. Some questions:
    1) how can I see what the error is? any way to correct it?
    2)Is the resultant FLAC file still 'playable'? It played OK under WMP on a PC. Any bad side effects of having a ripped track with errors? (what if I convert it to mp3?

A question related to batch conversion
    1) Now I have 4 CDs ripped in FLAC. I want to 'create a mirror' directory with .mp3 equivalents. Can I do that with dbpoweramp?

Thanks!
    J

Administrator

Re: Help with error in secure ripping

Are you using the mac version?

1) what is shown on the screen to indicate an error?

Use Batch Converter, select your root music folder, click convert, choose mp3 (lame), set the output location to 'Preserve source path' and choose a different root location for the mp3 files to be saved (you not want them mixed in with the flac files).

dBpoweramp Guru

Are you getting errors on all 4 CDs you have ripped to flac?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Are you using the mac version?

1) what is shown on the screen to indicate an error?

Use Batch Converter, select your root music folder, click convert, choose mp3 (lame), set the output location to 'Preserve source path' and choose a different root location for the mp3 files to be saved (you not want them mixed in with the flac files).
    1a)I am using the Windows version - Windows 10, fully patched. Downloaded & installed the most current version of dbpoweramp.
    Looking at the Dbpoweramp CD Ripper window, in the Rip Status column, I see the word 'Error' in red. See attached picture.
    Here is a snippet from the error log:
    [
    Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'K:\1_dbpoweramp_music\Viktoria Mullova\Works for Solo Violin\01 Viktoria Mullova - Partita No. 1 in B minor BWV1002; Allemanda.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'K:\1_dbpoweramp_music\Viktoria Mullova\Works for Solo Violin\02 Viktoria Mullova - Partita No. 1 in B minor BWV1002; Double.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'K:\1_dbpoweramp_music\Viktoria Mullova\Works for Solo Violin\03 Viktoria Mullova - Partita No. 1 in B minor BWV1002; Corrente.flac'
    Track Ripped Insecurely
    ]
    The surface of this CD has a lot of fine scratches.

All the other CD rips worked fine.

2a) Thanks, got it and the conversion to mp3 worked.

Thank you for a quick reply to my initial post!
    J
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

You have enabled the option 'Mark Insecure tracks as Error' (or similar), you not need this option.

Also the information report will tell you the ripping status, as far as secure details.

I was having an error message on all compositions. The problem was I was plugging in and taking out different drives and the drive for the music shifted from Drive E to Drive F. I changed the path to the right drive and it fixed everything. So check the path. It took me all day (off and on) to figure this out.