title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About

Thread: CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

Just start using dBpoweramp, running Mac OS 10.13.6 on a 2014 Mac Book Pro, and using an Apple USB SuperDrive.

In configuring Accurate Rip settings, a dialog window popped up along the lines of the drive isn't recognised, would you like to enter a manual offset (not entirely sure of the details), which I left at 0.

Having a bit of a Google it seems that the offset should be +6. Having ripped several CDs the log files show a consistent pressing offset of +6 it would seem to support that (assuming these are related, this is all new to me so if I'm spouting nonsense please forgive my lack of knowledge!).

Is this something that I can manually adjust? Or clear dBpoweramp's record of the drive to allow me to configure it again? Or is it something I don't need to worry about in the first place as Accurate Rip seems happy enough?

Many thanks.

Administrator

Re: CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

If you are confident then enter -6, however 6 samples are in-audible and accuraterip works without you entering this value, so nothing really is gained or lost from either way.

Thanks for your reply. How would I edit this, the value looks to be "locked in" in the software?

Administrator

It cannot be edited.