title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icassu
    • Oct 2018

CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

Just start using dBpoweramp, running Mac OS 10.13.6 on a 2014 Mac Book Pro, and using an Apple USB SuperDrive.

In configuring Accurate Rip settings, a dialog window popped up along the lines of the drive isn't recognised, would you like to enter a manual offset (not entirely sure of the details), which I left at 0.

Having a bit of a Google it seems that the offset should be +6. Having ripped several CDs the log files show a consistent pressing offset of +6 it would seem to support that (assuming these are related, this is all new to me so if I'm spouting nonsense please forgive my lack of knowledge!).

Is this something that I can manually adjust? Or clear dBpoweramp's record of the drive to allow me to configure it again? Or is it something I don't need to worry about in the first place as Accurate Rip seems happy enough?

Many thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Drive sample offset question [Mac]

If you are confident then enter -6, however 6 samples are in-audible and accuraterip works without you entering this value, so nothing really is gained or lost from either way.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• icassu
      • Oct 2018

Thanks for your reply. How would I edit this, the value looks to be "locked in" in the software?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It cannot be edited.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SOC0001
          • Sep 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
          It cannot be edited.
          Hi Spoon
          I have just bought dBpoweramp for Mac and I have made the same mistake described above in this thread.
          Without checking the set-up instructions (shame on me), I have entered a "10" in the Sample Offset field.
          After reading the instructions later, I understand that I have for the software to recognize the CD Drive which is a Apple - SuperDrive.
          After looking for a way to revert this, I decided to remove everything from my Mac and download the software to start all over again.
          But, nope, it did not work, Somehow it still showing sampling offset +10.

What can I do? Is there a way to clean everything up and start from scratch?
          I have now seen in the instructions that the Sample Offset figures are significantly different.
          If I cannot do anything (why?), which will be the impact on "ripping quality" if the +10 remains?

Thanks for your advise

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Behavior changes in the new beta-
            Current version: beta 13 Download: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-R173b13.dmg Changes since R17.2 Fixed failure to encode FLAC with very large album cover tags. Fixed failure to convert when source files are momentarily locked by another program. Changes in beta 9 Made possible to enter CD drive offset manually even

You can now manually enter the offset again any time.

Note that dBpoweramp settings can be fully reset by deleting "Library/dBpoweramp" folder in your home folder, in terminal:
            Code:
            rm -rf ~/Library/dBpoweramp
            ... but you should not have to do this.

Comment

Working...

]]>