title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Vorbis TRACK tag is incorrect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edgarde
    • Jun 2002

Vorbis TRACK tag is incorrect

According to the Ogg Vorbis Comment Field spec, the field for track number is called TRACKNUMBER. The Vorbis codec puts this information incorrectly in a field called "TRACK".

In Winamp, when I view "OggVorbis info" for a Vorbis file, the "Track:" field is blank, and the "TRACK" tag is listed under "Other". When I fill in the "Track:" field, the new data is saved as "TRACKNUMBER".

As a workaround, can a variable name be entered under the Add Tag Element DSP?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Now sorted, thanks.

Funny I am sure I have never seen that page before...

You can download the new codec from the beta section of this forum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I have seen this same problem and I've noticed the fix since getting the newest version/codec. Does anyone know of a good way to edit the tags of the old files that have this problem. I've got a ton of files with incorrect tag info and it would take me forever to edit them one by one.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Install dBpowerAMP Audio Player - load all your ogg files into My Music Collection - then select all - right click Advanced >> Rewrite ID Tag
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>