title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: A few questions about Batch Ripper (and one about CD Ripper)

A few questions about Batch Ripper (and one about CD Ripper)

1) How do I rip with the batch ripper if there is no meta data. It currently rejects discs that have no meta data.

2) When I run dBpowerAmp CD Ripper directly, it says I can't rip to mp3 because the Lame mp3 is not licensed.... yet the Batch Ripper works fine saving to MP3. How can I fix this?

3) I set the Batch Ripper to stop the batch after 2 CD load fails.... yet it seems to keep on trying to load. How do I stop Batch Ripper from endlessly trying to load discs from my Nimbie autoloader?

Administrator

Re: A few questions about Batch Ripper (and one about CD Ripper)

1) Batch Ripper >> Meta data button and uncheck all the options under 'Force Manual Input and Review'
    2) It sounds like you have 32 bit version of dBpoweramp trial somewhere and 64 bit version of registered, run this to try to clear the old version:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Or look at where the shortcut on the icon leads to, if it is \Program Files (x86)\ this is 32 bit.

3) As per the driver page:

Recommended Settings: Main Page 'End After': Manual Stop. Configuration: Offer Spindle Change After 2 failed Load Attempts

The configuration is where you configure he drive letter to the Nimbie driver.

1) Unfortunately, nothing was checked below 'Force Manual Unput and Review'. Still rejects discs without meta data.

2) Can't find anything for dBpoweramp in my Program Files x86 directory. Don't want to reinstall everything at this moment.... but I had run that cleaner when you suggested it for another problem.... I never installed CD Ripper separately... just Reference and Batch Ripper.

3) Ok, trying with those settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    1) Batch Ripper >> Meta data button and uncheck all the options under 'Force Manual Input and Review'
    2) It sounds like you have 32 bit version of dBpoweramp trial somewhere and 64 bit version of registered, run this to try to clear the old version:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Or look at where the shortcut on the icon leads to, if it is \Program Files (x86)\ this is 32 bit.

3) As per the driver page:

Recommended Settings: Main Page 'End After': Manual Stop. Configuration: Offer Spindle Change After 2 failed Load Attempts

The configuration is where you configure he drive letter to the Nimbie driver.

Administrator

The meta settings page, do you have 'manual input and review' enabled as an active provider?

1) I made sure all items under 'Force Manual Input and Review' are unchecked (they were already). It still rejects all CDs that have no meta data.
    2) I looked in my Program Files x86 directory and there is no dBpoweramp directory. I do not believe this is the problem. I had already run your cleaner when I had the unregistered Reference problem.
    3) Thanks. This solved the problem.

Administrator

The meta settings page, do you have 'manual input and review' enabled as an active provider?

Sorry, no, the Manual Input and Review is not enabled as an active provider. I selected it.... a window pops up allowing me to enter names for the album and tracks, but the disc is still rejected when I click continue.

Also, sorry for the double message. This morning my previous message wasn't shown in the thread... I thought I'd sent it but when I didn't see it, I answers the 3 points again.

Administrator

In the batch ripper configuration program is an option:

Reject CD if no Meta Data

uncheck this.