title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Where Are the Program Settings for dBpoweramp's Music Converter?

Question Where Are the Program Settings for dBpoweramp's Music Converter?

I apologize for asking what for many or most of you must seem a too basic question. I have been using dBpoweramp's music converter for years and cannot do without it! But while formerly it was set to do what I wanted, I cannot now find how to set two settings to the default I wish:

* When I go to convert a file, I must always change the "Output To..." It is defaulted to Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename. I have to always set the path to: Existing Source Folder. How do I set this setting to Existing Source Folder so I do not have to always manually change it to this?

*During Conversion, under Options, I must now always change it from 1 core (default) to the number of cores I wish to use. I would like to change the default number of cores. How do I do this? Where do I go to do this?

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Administrator

Re: Where Are the Program Settings for dBpoweramp's Music Converter?

>Existing Source Folder. How do I set this setting to Existing Source Folder so I do not have to always manually change it to this?

Convert 1 file, set the encoder to mp3 (Lame), or a different encoder if this is the one you normally use, then convert the file. Next convert another file, is mp3 (Lame) set as the encoder?

Use the DSP effect 'CPU force' to set cores.

Spoon,

I cannot thank you enough for your speedy and definitive reply. The Output To setting is fixed. When I set a DSP Effect to Multi-CPU force to 8, when I go to convert eight files, it still only starts with one file until I manually change it under Options. What am I doing incorrectly? I want to keep the DSP Effect Multi-DPU Force at eight. It shows up under DSP Effects, with the cpu's muted gray.

Is there a way to set the CPU Force so it actually converts eight files at once without my manually changing it to eight?
    Last edited by galleherjazz; 10-23-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Administrator

>The Output To setting is fixed.

This means the issue is resolved?

Which encoder are you using?

When I go to convert a number of files (using my mp3 (Lame) encoder, it opens only ONE file. I then must click on the Options button during the conversion to open more than one file. As I reported, I set a DSP Effect as you suggested to the maximum Multi-CPU Force. The different levels are all grayed out in the DSP Effects panel.

Administrator

Which version of dBpoweramp do your have? you would need Reference to set the CPU force on the DSP effect.

Spoon!
    Thank you so much for sticking with me. I went to your website and downloaded and installed the latest version of the music converter. It must include Reference, for now all cores open and convert as I set them. The cores are still grayed out, but that must not seem to matter. All is working perfectly now.

I could not have fixed these settings without your guidance. I am, as stated, much appreciative!