title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Frustrated: How do I rip a book on CD and keep chapters in order?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Frustrated: How do I rip a book on CD and keep chapters in order?

Just purchased a new car with no CD player. I like to listen to books on cd and am puzzled as to what I can do to keep chapters in order when I play the book on a USB drive. If anyone is successful at this could you please give me specific instructions as to Codec, and how to set up file headings when this info is not included in the CD. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Frustrated: How do I rip a book on CD and keep chapters in order?

Quote Originally Posted by BGD View Post
    Just purchased a new car with no CD player. I like to listen to books on cd and am puzzled as to what I can do to keep chapters in order when I play the book on a USB drive. If anyone is successful at this could you please give me specific instructions as to Codec, and how to set up file headings when this info is not included in the CD. Thanks.
    I suspect your USB drive car player is using file names to determine order. When you rip the book CD is each chapter a "track". If so, in your dynamic naming string, use something like: [album]\ [track] - [title]
    Where album is book name, track is "chapter number" and title is anything you want (eg. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc.). Also in ripper options tick the setting that will give track numbers a leading zero (01, 02, 03, etc.).

Thanks for the reply. I was on the right path, sort of, I will keep trying until I get a naming formula that works.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BGD View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was on the right path, sort of, I will keep trying until I get a naming formula that works.
    post your naming string and also what you are trying to achieve and folks here can assist.