title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset Not Visible On Control Point

Asset Not Visible On Control Point

AssetUPNP version 6.1 on seperate Assetnas unit, working as a local server (Windows home server software) on an ethernet home system. Naim music streamer connected (Ethernet)
    When the assetnas is switched on, my control app (I use either Naim's own app or mconnect) does not show the 'AssetUPNP' as running and i am unable to access the music that is on the unit.
    I have to manually 'restart' asset to get it to show on my control app.
    I have changed the asset running mode between Local account (recommended) and as a service account, but neither versions work.

Any suggestions as to why this has occured, running without problems for a number of years.
    Thanks
    Last edited by IdrisRoberts; 10-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Administrator

Re: Asset Not Visible On Control Point

>I have to manually 'restart' asset to get it to show on my control app.

It is likely the router is the problem, not Asset. You see when Asset restarts it broadcasts out details for everything on the network to pickup using SSDP, have you tried restarting the router?

If you have a Windows PC you should under Windows Explorer >> 'This PC' >> Network locations 'Asset UPnP' if it is running correctly. You can open and browse it.

Thank you for your reply.
    Restarted router as suggested - same problem.
    It is strange because my connected windows 10 PC on the network can access the music on the Assetnas.
    I have attached an image.Asset Home Server.jpg This is from the setup screen on the assetnas (Running) as can be seen from the image, Asset is not running!
    If i altered the button manually to on, then asset would show on my control apps. This is the only way I can get asset to run, whereas this used to start automatically as soon as my AssetNAS was switched on.
    Would a new install of 6.1 correct the problem?

Thanks again

Administrator

Try to uninstall Asset, restart the NAS then reinstall.