title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art > FLAC

Album Art > FLAC

Can I add Album Art to FLAC files somehow?

Administrator

Re: Album Art > FLAC

If you have dBpoweramp installed, select all the flac files which form the album >> right click on one >> Edit ID Tags

for there you can click the [+Choose from Internet]

If you have many albums to do, then PerfectTUNES can help, with automatic art fetching.

I'm having an issue with certain Album artwork not showing in my cars infotainment system. It seems to be the albums I resampled down to 48KHz using dBpoweramp Music Converter. I use FLAC. I'm on a Mac. The full resolution version shows the cover art in Roon. When I use ID Tags in PerfectTuneson on the "car" version, the artwork shows. When I use Album Art in ParfectTunes, the artwork shows. It seems to be an issue with the car's media player but I am hopeful someone here can point to possible fixes.
    Last edited by jtconte; 01-06-2019 at 09:30 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jtconte View Post
    I'm having an issue with certain Album artwork not showing in my cars infotainment system. It seems to be the albums I resampled down to 48KHz using dBpoweramp Music Converter. I use FLAC. I'm on a Mac. The full resolution version shows the cover art in Roon. When I use ID Tags in PerfectTuneson on the "car" version, the artwork shows. When I use Album Art in ParfectTunes, the artwork shows. It seems to be an issue with the car's media player but I am hopeful someone here can point to possible fixes.
    This should have been asked in a separate thread.

However, often car systems have a limitation with artwork filesize and/or resolution. Check the car system documentation or compare the filesize/resolution for artwork that show and those that do not show correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    This should have been asked in a separate thread.

However, often car systems have a limitation with artwork filesize and/or resolution. Check the car system documentation or compare the filesize/resolution for artwork that show and those that do not show correctly.
    You are correct. My apologies. Thanks for the car system limitation suggestion. That seems to be the issue.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jtconte View Post
    You are correct. My apologies. Thanks for the car system limitation suggestion. That seems to be the issue.
    strangely, car manufacturers and related audio systems are somehow stuck in the 1990s when it comes to digital music. Yes, a common problem.