title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: spontaneous random playback

spontaneous random playback

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and not hugely technically-minded so apologies in advance if this question isn't posted in the most appropriate section.

I have been happily using dBpoweramp Reference R15.3 to rip CDs (as FLAC files) to my Synology NAS for 3 years or so.

I stream via a Cyrus Streamline2 and have had no problems until yesterday when suddenly album tracks started playing in random order! That is to say I select an album from the NAS and it simply fails to play the tracks in the order they are listed on the CD.

There is no 'random setting' on the Streamline and I haven't altered any other settings. I did download a Windows update a day or two ago but surely that isn't the cause?

I'm at a loss to know what to do to - as I say, I'm not very technically-minded. Can anyone suggest a fix?

Administrator

Re: spontaneous random playback

It is likely your UPnP server on the NAS has updated.

Right, thanks for that.

Is there something I can do to rectify the problem? In words a techno-idiot can understand!

Administrator

I would not know what UPnP server is installed on your NAS, so cannot help, sorry.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tynesider View Post
    I stream via a Cyrus Streamline2
    I know nothing about this streamer, but the issue you have has nothing to do with the dbpoweramp ripping. It is something related to a setting on your streamer. (I agree, doubtful this is a windows update problem). Perhaps there is a forum somewhere for users of that streamer?

Thanks garym.

i have a Denon CEOL which behaves just fine so, yes, it's looking like it's a problem with the Cyrus Streamline2 or the Synology NAS.

Curiously there have been some issues with the latest Windows update but these seem principally to have affected some folks' Word files and photos.

I'll take a look for a Cyrus forum and hope for the best!

dBpoweramp Guru

are the tracks truly playing in random order. Or instead, are they playing in alphabetical order, based on first letter of track name.